PLEASE NOTE: VIRKON® TEST STRIPS are currently in limited supply. Priority for this product will be given to our established customers who also purchase Virkon® Aquatic disinfectant. We apologize, but we cannot guarantee the availability of test strips to accounts that do not order Virkon® Aquatic from Western Chemical. Thank you for your understanding.
VIRKON® TEST STRIPS are used to measure the concentration of prepared VIRKON® Aquatic solutions. They can be used to verify the solution strength in foot baths and on surfaces being disinfected.
Virkon® Aquatic solutions are produced by mixing Virkon® Aquatic power into working solution strengths of .5, 1.0, 2.0. or 3.0% with the 1.0% concentration being used most often. Virkon® Aquatic solutions are colorless and orderless and gradually loose activity over time. The Virkon® Aquatic label states that solutions are stable for at least 7 days while some fish hatchery staff are reporting activity lasting for up to 2-3 weeks. Actual solution life will vary and is reduced by exposure to organics and UV light. VIRKON® TEST STRIPS are an effective and convenient tool for ensuring that Virkon® solutions are maintained at the desired strength.
Directions for use of VIRKON® TEST STRIPS are as follows:
1) Dip the strip into the solution for 1 - 2 seconds.
2) Remove and gently allow excess solution to run off.
3) Read by comparing the activated strip to the color chart which is located on the container.
Full color formation takes only a couple of seconds after removing the strip from the solution and it can be read within 10 seconds.
Tips for getting more use from each VIRKON® TEST STRIP:
1) Cut each strip vertically to produce 2 or 3 strips.
2) When using, only dip the tip (about 1/8 inch) into the solution. Cut off the used portion and the remaining strip can be used next time.